2022.01.21 11:00 Kobefan44 How do boomers not see the issue
They were raised in a world where 1 job could support a family of 4-5
Now their children live in a world where a family of 4 needs 5-6 jobs to be supported and they even sometimes need the eldest child to pick up a job to help.
Do they not see the difference? Or do they just not give a shit?
submitted by Kobefan44 to antiwork [link] [comments]
2022.01.21 11:00 Warm-Knee6857 #दहेज_मुक्त_शादियां Dowry Free World by Sant Rampal Ji
|submitted by Warm-Knee6857 to SantRampaljimaharaj [link] [comments]|
2022.01.21 11:00 oddartist1999x What’s your worst habit?
2022.01.21 11:00 cnskrsln TIL Jamaica (in Queens) and Jamaica (in the Caribbean) are named after two unrelated Native American words, with the former meaning 'beaver' to the Lenape, and the latter 'land of wood and water' to the Arawak
|submitted by cnskrsln to etymology [link] [comments]|
2022.01.21 11:00 ScribblySki Drowning Eyes
|submitted by ScribblySki to JustMonika [link] [comments]|
2022.01.21 11:00 DheerajAhuja147 Send help
|submitted by DheerajAhuja147 to IndianDankMemes [link] [comments]|
2022.01.21 11:00 ngndgnjJTRY insta _rafafs
|submitted by ngndgnjJTRY to tugasboas [link] [comments]|
2022.01.21 11:00 provingqed Season 2 - TGH
So I am wrapping up my third reread of TGH (been about a decade since my last read of the series) and I am kind of wondering how Rafe and Co. are going to keep some semblance of the same story as in the books with the idiotic twists turns the series took.
For a bit of context, I started by defending the show as a "different turning of the wheel" and trying my best to be optimistic on most of the choices the showrunners have made to bring my favorite fantasy series to life and on the big screen. However, my opinions turned sour after that abhorrent S1 finale--I don't even want to re-think or re-hash out how bad that was; we all can think of hundreds of reasons why.
However, let me put my blinders on for a second and be foolishly optimistic. How do you all think the S2 is going to try and stay true to the story? Some of the things I'm trying to parse through with the most "main" characters....
1) Moraine is shielded, so there will be some side-quest (for screen time purposes) of her thinking she is stilled and possibly getting the shield un-tied. Will this involve Rand since it was tied off by Ishy? Or will they continue the idiocy of not splitting saidar and saidan and have Verrin sus it out? Who tf knows. All I know is that whatever screen time they use on this non-cannon side story, will probably take away from Rand, because we all know how little importance Rafe is giving his character already (don't even get me started on him taking the Lightning scene away from him and giving it to Nynaeve and Egwene).
2) Rand is already going full emo mode (way too early I might say) and trying to run off by himself. Granted, he tried this in the books, but that was to escape the Aes Sedai and the Amyrlin Seat's visit to Fal Dara. This was also with Fain still imprisoned in the dungeons; his escape and stealing the horn (which already happened in the show) thus causing Rand to not want to leave and instead join The Hunt.
3) Not having Mat join the hunt for the dagger he needs back in order to avoid dying is very disconcerting. I understand the casting issues, and that they intended there to be a Mat-Fain encounter in the finale that they had to scrap, but how are they coming back from this? Are they going to have him brought with Liandrin and the girls to Falme way later in the series? Only thing I can foresee happening with him apparently going back to TV. Especially with Moraine saying she is going to "sick the Red Ajah on him." I think that's how it's going to go. Will it be true to the story? Hell no, but at least it could start to repair his arc a bit and get him back to where he needs to be by the end of the second book.
4) Are they even going to have Hurin? Or are they going to try and use Perrin's wolf-brother skills as the tracking of Fain? Could they be thinking of introducing Elyas now? Definitely interested in how that will play out. What are they going to do with Uno, Masema, Algemar... pretty much everyone involved with the hunt? Didn't Rafe just fridge a ton of them with the dumb Fain ending in the finale?
5) I'm assuming, since they showed it as an easter egg, we are getting portal stones. I wonder how that will be approached. Will Lanfear (as Selene) be making her appearance then?
6) Will Loial magically heal? I hope so, even though I loathe the idea behind these meaningless "almost deaths." We still need his companionship, his presence in Cairhein, the attempt into the ways with Machin Shin problems, the journeys to the various steddings, etc... He's literally in the entire book....
7) The girls (Nynaeve, Egwene, and Min) will go to TV. That will match up. Liandrin is already an established character so I don't think their arc will change much. We'll probably have some big scenes in the tower with the ceremony. That's good. We'll have Liandrin convincing the girls (and maybe Mat) to join her in the ways. That's good.
8) My concern is with the Seanchan. They better do them some freakin' justice. I need to see the Adam and not some ball-gag device I saw in that quick intro scene. I need to see the Grolm and the other Seanchan creatures that keep the Randland people on edge. I'm worried for budget reasons, but hopeful since they keep touting how much they spend on every episode.
9) The prologue of TGH did a great job establishing the various missions each DF has and the payoff is huge with the foreshadowing of how the story unfolds (i.e. with Liandrin and the High Lady Suroth). I hope they use this as a cold-opening of some kind.
10) Will we finally get Domon in the end at Falme?! Fourtune prick me, I hope so. I bloody love this character.
I'm sure I'm missing a few more things. As a life-long fan of the books, and a hopeful future fan of the show (I wouldn't call myself a fan now--not after that horrid finale), I am grasping at straws currently and hopeful this ship can be righted.
As a fan of the world, I will watch. As a fan of Jordan's legacy I will be optimistic. As someone who has seen what Rafe and Co. have not only already done with the show and said in interviews.... my confidence and optimism are weak at best. Light, one can bloody well have hope at least.
submitted by provingqed to wheeloftime [link] [comments]
2022.01.21 11:00 JaeSolomon 1993 Mazda RX-7 5.7 LS1 6spd [1920x3323]
|submitted by JaeSolomon to carporn [link] [comments]|
2022.01.21 11:00 danganronpa_fan- Seriously some of us are short dwarfs
|submitted by danganronpa_fan- to danganronpa [link] [comments]|
2022.01.21 11:00 Jj_a_Is_A_Scammer DAILY PSA: DO NOT DEAL WITH Je????y Jo???h (Onlyonejfirstname.lastname@example.org)
2022.01.21 11:00 sasha_sh Humanode: Testnet V2 hits >1360 unique validators, EVM integration to current Humanode runtime…
|submitted by sasha_sh to Paradigm_fund [link] [comments]|
2022.01.21 11:00 Hortalez 1642773604 : CAMPIMETRIES
|submitted by Hortalez to hortalez [link] [comments]|
2022.01.21 11:00 WeTheNorth20 Public Mobile referral code reddit January 2022 - 39X8ZN
Activate using referral code 39X8ZN @ https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation
Enter the code in the designated area when registering to enjoy the $10 savings on your second bill! The code never expires and can be used anywhere in Canada.
submitted by WeTheNorth20 to Referral [link] [comments]
2022.01.21 11:00 DarkHandCommando Comet S2 Cabrio (feat. The Weeknd)
|submitted by DarkHandCommando to gtavcustoms [link] [comments]|
2022.01.21 11:00 luciferphuc97 Have you ever seen this before ?
|submitted by luciferphuc97 to HadesTheGame [link] [comments]|
2022.01.21 11:00 smartybrome AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Practice Tests 2022 NEW
|submitted by smartybrome to udemyfreebies [link] [comments]|
2022.01.21 11:00 SamDekkerBot Official: Daily [Anything Goes] Discussion Thread: January 21 2022
Welcome to the daily thread!
Below you will find information on last nights games, as well as the daily schedule. Make sure to join our Discord server.
Yesterday's Box Scores:
|OKC||CHA||7:00 PM ET|
|LAL||ORL||7:00 PM ET|
|LAC||PHI||7:00 PM ET|
|MIA||ATL||7:30 PM ET|
|POR||BOS||7:30 PM ET|
|TOR||WAS||8:00 PM ET|
|CHI||MIL||8:00 PM ET|
|BKN||SAS||8:30 PM ET|
|MEM||DEN||9:00 PM ET|
|DET||UTA||9:00 PM ET|
|HOU||GSW||10:00 PM ET|
2022.01.21 11:00 Jarvisoo Disha patani
|submitted by Jarvisoo to AngelRai [link] [comments]|
2022.01.21 11:00 N3PUU DKOK Detachment Completed
|submitted by N3PUU to killteam [link] [comments]|
2022.01.21 11:00 abjinternational Web Design for Beginners: Build Websites in HTML & CSS 2022
2022.01.21 11:00 astro-cowboy The Petco Crypt Pink Flamingo planted and under light. How does it look?
|submitted by astro-cowboy to PlantedTank [link] [comments]|
2022.01.21 11:00 Noparticularusernam3 Any Beautiful quiet places to camp out in tents ?
I was thinking Karana Lagoon. But a friend told me it’s not suitable for camping.
Any places in north maybe Al khor?
Please if you have any experience with spots for camping. Somewhere quite and green or by the sea.
submitted by Noparticularusernam3 to qatar [link] [comments]
2022.01.21 11:00 International-Dog512 question about W's
I'm not super experienced on the market in general, and this is the first time I've invested in a SPAC. I have both shares & w@rrants because I wanted to use the w@rrant exercising to average down. my question is, does there come a point where w@rrants are no longer offered and anyone wanting to get involved will only have the option of buying shares?
I'm not a shill, fud or anything else derogatory anyone that mentions W's or asks a question gets called, just trying to understand more about how this all works
submitted by International-Dog512 to DWAC_Stock [link] [comments]
2022.01.21 11:00 JeanLuc_Moultonde Vorkuta, RU (Воркута́)
|submitted by JeanLuc_Moultonde to UrbanHell [link] [comments]|